This week we are taking our inspiration from artist and filmmaker Miranda July who we spoke about in class. We will each create an inspirational banner and post them around school and photograph them (I did an example pictured above on the outdoor classroom blackboard). You should also choose another creative assignment from her learning to love you more project that can be used for you AP portfolio (photographers should do a photo, drawing/painting students should do a drawing/painting: below are some suggestions).
Draw a picture of your friend's friend.
Make an educational public plaque.
Photograph a significant outfit.
Curate an artist's retrospective in a public place.
Draw a constellation from someone's freckles.
Make a portrait of your friend's desires.
Here are some examples from students in the AP Studio Art Class:
- ► 2017 (116)
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- AP Assignment: Re-inerpreting classic themes in ar...
- Artist Wanted: Exposure Photography Contest
- Assignment: Miranda July
- Smithtown East alumni: Jess Brett
- Art Honors Shirt Design
- Smithtown Art alumni visit: Jess Brett
- Mr. Needles class in the news
- A visit from The Japan Society
- Happy Birthday Sesame Street
- PRATT Institute Visit
- AP Art Halloween Figure Drawing
- ▼ November (11)
- ► 2009 (19)