Thursday, February 28, 2019
Studio Art: Designing Self Portraits with Pattern
We are going to revision self-portraits but this time we are going to work to incorporate design elements to create a composition using pattern, texture, and shape. In this work you should explore creating contrast with patterns and you should work with both realism and some element of abstraction. The example above is from a student and the one below is one of my own. You can create interesting patterns out of anything: line, type, shapes, ect.
The master of this mix of realism and textured patterns is artist Gustav Klimt was an Austrian symbolist painter and well known for famous paintings such as The Kiss and the Portrait of Adele Bloch-Bauer I.
The portrait painting, one in a small series one of which was recently owned by Oprah, is now on view in NYC's Neue Gallery for free. It is now often better known as the "Woman in Gold" after the recent film starring Helen Mirren and Ryan Reynolds based on it's history, the trailer is below.
- ► 2020 (105)
- AP Art: AP Checks
- National Art Honor Society: The Sketchbook Project...
- Studio Art: Designing Self Portraits with Pattern
- Digital Media: The Short, Short Film Project
- Studio Art: Film Poster Design for a Best Picture ...
- Welcome back from winter vacation!
- Last Day of Class
- Art Honor Society: Happy Valentines Day
- Studio Art: Book Jacket Re-design
- Dgital Media: Animation
- Computer Art: 3D Art Disk Remix
- Studio Art: Illustrated haiku poems
- Art Honor Society: No Meeting Today/Japan Society
- Digital Media: Video Haiku's
- Computer Art: 3D designing Modular Art Disks
- Studio Art: Augmented Reality Flag Design
- Scholastic Art Awards Day!
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2018 (147)
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)