Welcome to Art Room 161

This blog was created as an extension of the dialogue that began in our classroom and the purpose is to share creative ideas, images, and critiscm. All posts should be appropriate for the high school classroom and critiscm should be helpful and positive.

Monday, March 26, 2018

Mindful Arts at the Seattle NAEA Conference


I'm just back from the NAEA Conference in Seattle where I had the opportunity to present a workshop on Mindful Arts and incorporating Social Emotional Learning in school.  Below are some of my favorite resources that were mentioned in the workshop.  I'll be sharing additional resources including some of the apps and programs that were mentioned such as: Morphi, Paper, Gelli printmaking, Storycorps, and Challenge Day in the near future.

I had a great time in Seattle connecting with educators and learning new techniques and it was also great getting a quick taste of the city itself.  Pike's Place Market was a great place to eat and walk around and the Space Needle Park was terrific, I wish I had more time!

No comments:

Blog Archive