Wednesday, January 14, 2015
Drawing: Large Scale Charcoal Self Portrait
In Drawing class our last big project is creating a charcoal self portrait on large scale paper. The time lapse video above shows some of the technique we'll be using. We have photographs to work from and we're using the grid method to transfer the proportions of the image but the tone will be done using a variety of charcoal tools. The final project is due Wednesday 1/21/2015 and will be the last grade of the class. Below is an example of a charcoal portrait I created of MLB Baseball Hall of Fame player Hank Aaron (which he was nice enough to sign!)
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- Welcome to Semester 2!
- Last Day of the Semester!
- Drawing: Charcoal Self-Portraits and Final Portfol...
- Media Art: Improv Sketch Comedy
- Last Week of the Semester!
- AP Art: Japanese Handscrolls- Jigoku-zoshi
- Drawing: Large Scale Charcoal Self Portrait
- NYC Ballet ART SERIES PRESENTS DUSTIN YELLIN
- Studio Art: Design- Poster ReDesign
- The new Tim Needles page on Facebook
- Studio Art: Design and Photoshop
- Media Art: Speak Truth To Power student video comp...
- Studio Art: Drawing Self Portraits
- AP Art: Long Island's Best: Young Artists at The H...
- Media Arts: The Stephen Fry collaborative animatio...
- ▼ January (15)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)