Tuesday, March 7, 2017
Studio Art: Book Jacket re-design
In Studio Art we learned about our first 2 designers: Chip Kidd and David Carson. Now we will create designs using the information we learned about the process beginning with a book jacket. We will each re-design a jacket for our favorite book using the design principals we learned and the advice each of the designers gave on respecting the audience's intellect and legibility's interaction with communication.
The Harry Potter dust jacket book cover above by Kathie Bayne is a good example of what basics should be included and what a finished design looks like. You can choose any book you like to redesign as long as it's in the school library. Below is an additional TED talk by Chip Kidd in which he discusses designing books for authors like Charles Schultz, David Sedaris, and David Rakoff.
- Art Honor Society: Vans Custom Culture Contest
- Art honor Society: Sketchbook Project
- Digital Media: Re-designing a new flag for the tow...
- Film: Cinematography Basics
- Digital media- 3D Printing
- Studio Art: I Voted sticker Design Contest
- Film: Animation Quiz
- Art Honor Society: Looking Back on our Field Trip ...
- Film: Animation Process
- Studio Art: 3D Chess Set Design
- Digital Media: 3D modeling
- Art Honor Society: NYC Art Museum Field Trip
- Studio Art: Drawing in 3D with Morphi
- Digital Media: 3D Augmented Reality with Morphi
- Studio Art: Designers who Impact NY
- Photographers Forum Contest 2017
- Studio Art: Book Jacket re-design
- AP Studio Art: 31 Nights Extra Credit
- Studio Art: Chess Set Design
- Digital Media: 3D printing
- ▼ March (20)
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)