Saturday, September 14, 2013
Media: The PSA Project
Here's a great short PSA (Public Service Announcement) from Columbia University's Water Center and the Global Citizens which explains the pretty frightening situation we are heading towards with water consumption.
This year we'll be creating our own PSA as part of the Going Global project with classes in Japan and India so it's important to look at a concise and effective example such as this for insight on how it shares information without overwhelming the audience leading to better comprehension and retention.
Our PSA will be on an issue some of you may know well, bullying. I was a bit surprised in this summer's conference to see it was an big issue globally with many of the same symptoms so we'll be talking with the students around the world and looking at what the commonalities and differences are then brainstorming ideas for our own PSA. We'll start today by asking everyone in class to write a short paragraph on what they think "bullying" is and how it's dealt with positively and/or negatively.
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- Media: Filmmaking Basics
- Media Art Honor Society: Volunteering at the Hampt...
- Studio Art: Gesture Drawing
- AP Art: Young Arts
- Photography: Looking with a new eye
- AP Art: Portfolio Development
- Studio Art: Drawing From Life
- Media Art: The Emmys
- Media Art: Bully
- Studio Art: Going Global
- Media Class: Photo Editing
- Welcome new Art Honor Society members!
- Join the Art Honor Society this Wednesday
- Studio Art: Introduction to Japan
- Media: The PSA Project
- Photo: 34th Annual College & High School Photograp...
- Photo: Shanti Peace Poster
- Smithtown Red Fridays
- Studio Art: Japan Society’s Going Global Social Ne...
- Studio and Media Art: Remembering 911
- Media Art: Shorts- Paris Je T'aime
- Welcome Smithtown 2013-2014
- Chuck Close at Guild Hall
- ▼ September (23)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)