Tuesday, September 24, 2013
Studio Art: Drawing From Life
In Studio Art this week we are beginning to learn the basics of drawing from life including figuring out proportions, value, and materials. Above is an example of how to sketch out the basic proportions of a face before you begin adding value (shading) and below is an example of the same technique with the whole body. These are the same techniques that I demonstrated in class and that you should begin using before you really start drawing. Today were going to take the next step and draw the skeleton so make sure you sketch out the proportions lightly before you really get going!
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- Media: Filmmaking Basics
- Media Art Honor Society: Volunteering at the Hampt...
- Studio Art: Gesture Drawing
- AP Art: Young Arts
- Photography: Looking with a new eye
- AP Art: Portfolio Development
- Studio Art: Drawing From Life
- Media Art: The Emmys
- Media Art: Bully
- Studio Art: Going Global
- Media Class: Photo Editing
- Welcome new Art Honor Society members!
- Join the Art Honor Society this Wednesday
- Studio Art: Introduction to Japan
- Media: The PSA Project
- Photo: 34th Annual College & High School Photograp...
- Photo: Shanti Peace Poster
- Smithtown Red Fridays
- Studio Art: Japan Society’s Going Global Social Ne...
- Studio and Media Art: Remembering 911
- Media Art: Shorts- Paris Je T'aime
- Welcome Smithtown 2013-2014
- Chuck Close at Guild Hall
- ▼ September (23)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)