Friday, September 27, 2013
AP Art: Young Arts
The Young Arts Scholarship Competition (formerly known as the National Foundation for Advancement in the Arts) is open to creative students grades 10-12 and in addition to the millions of dollars in awards (up to $10,000 to each student), they also award students participation in Master Classes with the likes of: Edward Albee, Frank Gehry, Julian Schnabel, James Rosenquist, Kathleen Turner, Bruce Weber, and Robert Redford. Some of YoungArts’ work is featured in its Emmy nominated HBO series YoungArts so you can take a look on the web and see how it works. I've had a few students win this award in the past and trust me it's well worth applying for!!
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- Media: Filmmaking Basics
- Media Art Honor Society: Volunteering at the Hampt...
- Studio Art: Gesture Drawing
- AP Art: Young Arts
- Photography: Looking with a new eye
- AP Art: Portfolio Development
- Studio Art: Drawing From Life
- Media Art: The Emmys
- Media Art: Bully
- Studio Art: Going Global
- Media Class: Photo Editing
- Welcome new Art Honor Society members!
- Join the Art Honor Society this Wednesday
- Studio Art: Introduction to Japan
- Media: The PSA Project
- Photo: 34th Annual College & High School Photograp...
- Photo: Shanti Peace Poster
- Smithtown Red Fridays
- Studio Art: Japan Society’s Going Global Social Ne...
- Studio and Media Art: Remembering 911
- Media Art: Shorts- Paris Je T'aime
- Welcome Smithtown 2013-2014
- Chuck Close at Guild Hall
- ▼ September (23)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)