Thursday, September 3, 2015
Studio Art: Zentangle
Today in Studio Art we will learn the basic of the Zentangle drawing technique which mixes different patterns of doodles together for greater effect. Below is a short tutorial about the basics. Today we'll begin working with some simple patterns in creating a nameplate that we will finish tomorrow.
This is a technique that can be simple or as you build layers turn complex based upon your design, skill, and precision. Below is an example of a more advanced Zentangle within a simple design. The use of patterns that suggest 3 dimensions adds a complexity. We will experiment with some different patters, use of color, and designs in class and later working on our peace poster designs next week.
Here's a great Zentangle design to begin with that we will follow which uses a simple square inside a square with a circle interior. The shapes and technique are pretty simple but together form a complex design which gives a good example of how the process works.
- ► 2017 (96)
- ► 2016 (163)
- Drawing: Portraits from Life
- Digital Media: Drawing with Code Zombies
- Studio Art: Drawing Terms
- Digital Media: Drawing Code
- Art Honor Society: Planning Meeting
- Digital Media: Coding Basics
- Studio Art: Sketchbook Week
- Extra Credit: September
- Drawing: Illustration Friday
- Studio Art: 2015 Wyland National 'Water is Life" M...
- Studio Art: Dot Day
- Remembering September 11
- Digital Media: Type Design with Photoshop
- Art and Media Art Honor Society Meeting
- Digital Art: Introduction to Photoshop
- Digital Media: Shanti Peace Poster
- Studio Art: Illustration Friday
- Digital Media: What's Your Sentence?
- Studio Art: Zentangle
- The First Day of School
- ▼ September (20)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)