Friday, March 27, 2015
Studio Art: Creating Typography for Television
In Studio Art we are learning typography and how to create fonts and this semester our theme is Television. We will now create a usable font using online freeware.
We watched clips of 5 television shows: Freaks and Geeks, Bobs Burgers, The Unbreakable Kimmie Schmit, Mad Men, (and The Regular Show or Arrested Development depending on your period). Choose one of the television shows and create a new font that represents the show in the titles. Include the entire alphabet (capitol and lowercase), digits 0-9, and the @, #, :, ?, !, +, -, * symbols. Below is an example of Bob's Burgers Original font and a variation under it.
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- Japan Society Junior Fellows Final Projects
- Studio Art: Creating Typography for Television
- Art Honor Society: Japanese Junior Fellows Student...
- Extra Credit: Looking into Smithtown’s Past
- AP Art: Online breadth section submissions
- Studio Art: Typography
- The Long Island Connected Educator Summit is comi...
- Studio Art: Type Design Illustration
- The Columbus Museum of Art's #MobilePhotoNow Photo...
- Studio Art: Design Test Day
- Welcome to our Japanese Visitors
- SCAD Day
- Advanced Media Art: Storyboarding Animation
- Scholastic Art and Writing 2015 Regional Winners
- Digital Learning Day
- Advanced Media: Post-it note animation challenge
- Studio Art: The Art & Design Research Project
- Media Art: Character Animation
- Heckscher Museum: Long Island’s Best
- Art Honor Society: A Note from Jon Burgerman
- Studio Art: Mosaic Design Installation
- Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!
- Teach Like A Pirate EdChat Tonight
- ▼ March (23)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)