Welcome to Art Room 161

This blog was created as an extension of the dialogue that began in our classroom and the purpose is to share creative ideas, images, and critiscm. All posts should be appropriate for the high school classroom and critiscm should be helpful and positive.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Extra credit on Illustration Friday



I'd like to offer you guys an extra credit digital assignment this week. I've been speaking to you about how to keep yourself sharp as an artist by working often and challenging yourself frequently. There is a website that offers both professional and amateur artists a weekly thematic challenge. I came across it recently and I find it fun and always interesting. Now that many of you will be graduating high school and moving on you may find it a good resource. This week's theme is "signs".
If you post a piece this week I'll reward you with extra credit (there's 15 days left so it may come in handy seniors)! I'll go over how to post the work on Monday in class but feel free to click the link below and check it out.

No comments:

Blog Archive