National Art Educators Convention and I had a chance to visit The San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park so I wanted to share some of the highlights.
The museum had a terrific show on painter Robert Henri (1865-1929) who's work which I have not seen much before and an example of a portrait he created is pictured directly above. The exhibit titled Spanish Sojourns included interactive elements such as a wardrobe and props to create the Robert Henri look like I did above!
I also had a chance to meet and talk with artist Deborah Butterfield at the NAEAwho is world famous for her sculptures of horses uses weathered wood. She gave a great talk on her work which we'll reference during our upcoming organic sculpture unit. Take a look at some of her work below, its terrific!
- ► 2020 (105)
- ► 2019 (173)
- ► 2018 (147)
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- Media Arts: Pixar
- Studio Art: stencil screenprinting
- Media Art: Pakistan videoconference 4
- AP Art: The Concentrations are done! (hopefully)
- Media Arts: Animation
- Studio Art: Printmaking
- Spring Break in France and Italy
- Media Arts: Pixilation storyboards
- Media Arts: Pixilations
- The San Diego Museum of Art
- Japanese Student Visitors
- Media Art: Public Service Announcement
- AP Art: Senior Show- Michelle
- Media Arts: Global Nomads PSA project
- Back from San Diego's National Art Educators Assoc...
- ▼ April (15)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)