Welcome to Art Room 161

This blog was created as an extension of the dialogue that began in our classroom and the purpose is to share creative ideas, images, and critiscm. All posts should be appropriate for the high school classroom and critiscm should be helpful and positive.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

The San Diego Museum of Art

Last week I was in San Diego, California for the National Art Educators Convention and I had a chance to visit The San Diego Museum of Art in Balboa Park so I wanted to share some of the highlights.


The museum had a terrific show on painter Robert Henri (1865-1929) who's work which I have not seen much before and an example of a portrait he created is pictured directly above.  The exhibit titled Spanish Sojourns included interactive elements such as a wardrobe and props to create the Robert Henri look like I did above!

 

I also had a chance to meet and talk with artist Deborah Butterfield at the NAEAwho is world famous for her sculptures of horses uses weathered wood.  She gave a great talk on her work which we'll reference during our upcoming organic sculpture unit.  Take a look at some of her work below, its terrific!


No comments:

Blog Archive