Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Studio Art: Taking Notes from artist Wayne White
In Studio Art class we will be taking some notes from one of my favorite contemporary artists Wayne White and creating "oversize sculptured puppet masks" from cardboard, paper, paint, and glue in groups. Each group will be given a famous artist from art history and they will have to work together to come up with a design and then build the puppet head.
The puppet masks will be featured in a few different local events such as the Art Honor Society's float for next years homecoming parade as well as the first Smithtown East art parade! The artists we'll create masks for include greats such as DaVinci, Van Gogh, and Picasso as well as some more contemporary artists such as Banksy and Andy Goldsworthy. The AP art class started a mask last week so here's a glimpse of what they look like in process!
- ► 2021 (100)
- ► 2020 (105)
- ► 2019 (173)
- ► 2018 (147)
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- CTCart: Hacking Technology for the Classroom
- Last Day of Classes
- Art Honor Society: Student Interview with artist H...
- Media Arts: Final Projects Due Today
- Extra Credit: 7 Days with the Journal Fodder Junki...
- Advanced Media Art: Film Festivals
- AP Art: 2015-2016 Summer Assignments
- Art Honor Society: Closing out the year
- Studio Art: Taking Notes from artist Wayne White
- Tweet A Dream
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)