Monday, February 4, 2019
Studio Art: Augmented Reality Flag Design
This week we are working on re-designing a new flag for the town of Smithtown and we are going to take a note from Roman Mars, host of the 99% Invisible (one of my favorite design podcasts), and work to create a better flag for our town, Smithtown. We are going to watch his TED talk and learn about vexillology, the study of flags, and then critique our town flag based on the basic design rules that he shares written below.
2. Use meaningful symbolism.
3. Use two to three basic colors.
Our flag is definitely what we learned (a
We will create 6 thumbnail drawings in color, then one full color design then take that design and bring it into Augmented Reality using a template. The last step of the project is to record your flag design with augmented reality and share it, below is an example of the flag in Augmented Reality.
- ► 2021 (100)
- ► 2020 (105)
- AP Art: AP Checks
- National Art Honor Society: The Sketchbook Project...
- Studio Art: Designing Self Portraits with Pattern
- Digital Media: The Short, Short Film Project
- Studio Art: Film Poster Design for a Best Picture ...
- Welcome back from winter vacation!
- Last Day of Class
- Art Honor Society: Happy Valentines Day
- Studio Art: Book Jacket Re-design
- Dgital Media: Animation
- Computer Art: 3D Art Disk Remix
- Studio Art: Illustrated haiku poems
- Art Honor Society: No Meeting Today/Japan Society
- Digital Media: Video Haiku's
- Computer Art: 3D designing Modular Art Disks
- Studio Art: Augmented Reality Flag Design
- Scholastic Art Awards Day!
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2018 (147)
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)