Friday, February 8, 2019
Studio Art: Illustrated haiku poems
We learned about the basics of typography and design in class and now it's time to bring a creative approach to what we learned and pair them together as we learn a bit about Japanese culture. The image above of the Holstee Manifesto is a great example of great type design and the image below is an example of what we are doing, creating an original illustrated haiku poem.
In the TED talk below Billy, who was a two-term U.S. Poet Laureate, explains the project and how his poems were animated for the Sundance Channel.
- ► 2021 (100)
- ► 2020 (105)
- AP Art: AP Checks
- National Art Honor Society: The Sketchbook Project...
- Studio Art: Designing Self Portraits with Pattern
- Digital Media: The Short, Short Film Project
- Studio Art: Film Poster Design for a Best Picture ...
- Welcome back from winter vacation!
- Last Day of Class
- Art Honor Society: Happy Valentines Day
- Studio Art: Book Jacket Re-design
- Dgital Media: Animation
- Computer Art: 3D Art Disk Remix
- Studio Art: Illustrated haiku poems
- Art Honor Society: No Meeting Today/Japan Society
- Digital Media: Video Haiku's
- Computer Art: 3D designing Modular Art Disks
- Studio Art: Augmented Reality Flag Design
- Scholastic Art Awards Day!
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2018 (147)
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)