Wednesday, February 13, 2019
Studio Art: Book Jacket Re-design
In Studio Art we will learn about 2 important contemporary designers: Chip Kidd and David Carson. Then we will create designs using the information we learned about the process with a book jacket. We will each re-design a jacket for our favorite book using the design principals we learned and the advice each of the designers gave on respecting the audience's intellect and legibility's interaction with communication.
The Harry Potter dust jacket book cover above by Kathie Bayne is a good example of what basics should be included and what a finished design looks like. You can choose any book you like to redesign as long as it's in the school library. Below is an additional TED talk by Chip Kidd in which he discusses designing books for authors like Charles Schultz, David Sedaris, and David Rakoff.
- AP Art: AP Checks
- National Art Honor Society: The Sketchbook Project...
- Studio Art: Designing Self Portraits with Pattern
- Digital Media: The Short, Short Film Project
- Studio Art: Film Poster Design for a Best Picture ...
- Welcome back from winter vacation!
- Last Day of Class
- Art Honor Society: Happy Valentines Day
- Studio Art: Book Jacket Re-design
- Dgital Media: Animation
- Computer Art: 3D Art Disk Remix
- Studio Art: Illustrated haiku poems
- Art Honor Society: No Meeting Today/Japan Society
- Digital Media: Video Haiku's
- Computer Art: 3D designing Modular Art Disks
- Studio Art: Augmented Reality Flag Design
- Scholastic Art Awards Day!
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2018 (147)
- ► 2017 (162)
- ► 2016 (163)
- ► 2015 (174)
- ► 2014 (167)
- ► 2013 (200)
- ► 2012 (208)
- ► 2011 (55)
- ► 2009 (19)